Manually creating assets in Spott can be done at different stages in the tagging process. You can either create all your assets in advance before tagging or create the correct assets during the tagging itself. In this article, you will learn where to create assets and what information can be included.
Note: If you have a product feed available, we recommend using our feed sync rather than creating assets one by one. This has a big advantage as all product information will be updated regularly and automatically as your feed updates.
Where to create assets
From the Assets overview page
Step 1: From the home page, click the 'Assets' item in the side menu on the left.
- Step 2: Click the “Create Asset” button, a tooltip will open and click "Create Asset" again.
From the tagger
Step 1: Open your media in the video or image tagger.
Step 2 a: Once you are on a tagger, there are two ways to create a new asset.
Click on "Create new asset" button on the bottom left side.
- Step 2 b: Another way to do this, is by drag a bounding box, click search and you will be able to click "Create new asset".
Create asset options
Once you've found your way to create a new asset as mentioned above. You will see the following modal.
In this window, you will find the following information fields to add to your new asset:
- Name: This is the name of your asset, which you can use to display in your content. (mandatory field)
- URL: This is the URL to your assets. This can be a link to the product page, a newsletter signup form or any other web page. (mandatory field)
- Images: Here you can add the image of your asset. The first image will be shown by default.
- Additional Fields: Here you can set all your custom fields. These are flexible fields that you can use to display any information of your choice. This can be any information such as the delivery time of a package, the preparation time of a recipe,...
Learn more about what the default values are for interactive images and videos.