In this tutorial, we'll guide you through the process of making your first interactive image. You can follow along using your content.
If you like to learn how to create interactive videos, find a step-by-step guide here.
Step 1: Upload an image
The first step is to upload your main image. This is the image you are going to make interactive.
- Starting from the home page, click the “Upload a file” button and select "Upload an image". Click "Next" to continue.
- Select an image to upload and give it a title. Select the language of your image, or leave 'English' as is.
- Click "Create", you will be redirected to the image's detail page.
Step 2: Add assets
- Firstly, select "Publish" in the dropdown menu on the top right and click "Save". This option is set to "Draft" by default.
- Now go to the tagger by clicking "Launch Tagger" beneath the image.
Now you need to add assets to Spott. Assets contain information that will be presented on your interactive markers such as its title, price, URL,... An asset can be a product, a person, and everything else you can think of. In the examples shown, we use it as a product.
- Click "Create new asset" on the bottom left side. A new modal will pop up.
- Enter a name, URL, and image for the asset. Click "Save" to add it.
Step 3: Add the asset to your image
Your new asset will be shown in the assets tab on the left side of the tagger.
- Drag and Drop the asset onto your image. Place it on the visual element in your image that you want to make interactive.
You can change the position of your markers any time by dragging the box around the image.
Click "Preview" on the bottom of the page to view your changes.
All your changes will be saved automatically.
Step 4: Celebrate! 🎉
You have successfully made your first interactive image!
Please share it with us, we're happy to see what you created with Spott!
Next steps: Share your video on your website
What we've shown here is the most common workflow to make your image interactive. There are many more options along the way to customize your interactive content.