In this tutorial, we'll guide you through the process of making your first interactive video. You can follow along using your content.
If you like to learn how to create interactive images, find a step-by-step guide here.
Step 1: Upload a video
First, upload the video you want to make interactive.
- Starting from the home page, click the “Upload a file” button and select "Upload a video". Click "Next" to continue.
- Select the video. Your video will start uploading immediately.
Your video will now go through different processes:
- Pending & Scheduled: This means your video is currently being processed.
- Done: Your video is fully processed and you can get started tagging!
Note: Depending on the length of your video, this process can take a few minutes. You can see the current status by refreshing the page.
Step 2: Add assets
When your video is done processing, you can go ahead and start adding assets.
- Navigate to the video you want to make interactive and open the tagger by clicking "Launch Tagger".
If you don't see this button, your video is probably still processing. Don't hesitate to contact us if you don't see this button 15 minutes after uploading.
Assets contain information that will be presented on your interactive markers such as a name, price, URL,... In this case, the assets will be products.
- Click "Create new asset" on the bottom left side. A new modal will pop up.
- Enter a name, URL, and image for the asset. Click "Save" to add it.
Step 3: Tag assets on your video
- Look for the object in your video and drag a bounding box around it.
In the right pane right under "Tracking", you can choose between two tracking types as shown in the following image:
- Auto (left): your markers will follow the object you selected.
- Static (right): your marker will stay in one place.
- Drag & Drop your asset from the assets tab onto your bounding box.
- You can also set the duration of your asset by setting an IN & OUT point. This will determine when to show the asset in your video.
You can click "Preview" to see the finished.
Step 4: Celebrate! 🎉
Congrats! You have successfully made your first interactive video.
Please share it with us, we're happy to see what you created with Spott!
Next steps: Share your video on your website
What we've shown here is the most common workflow to make your video interactive. There are many more options along the way to customize your interactive content.