In this tutorial, we'll guide you through the process of making your first interactive video. You can follow along using your content.
If you like to learn how to create interactive images, find a step-by-step guide here.
Step 1: Upload a video
First, upload the video you want to make interactive.
- Starting from the home page, click the “Add media” button drag and drop an an image onto the page. Your videos will be uploaded automatically.
If you upload a video right after uploading, the video will be processed. This might take a few minutes. When this is done, the page will update itself automatically.
Step 2: Add assets
- Click on the image you just uploaded, the Tagger will open where you will make your image interactive.
You now need to add assets to Spott. Assets contain information that will be shown on your interactive markers such as its title, price, URL,... An asset can be a product, a person, random information,... In the examples shown, we use it as a product.
- Click "Create new asset" on the bottom left side. A new modal will pop up.
- Enter a name, URL, and image for the asset. Click "Save" to add it.
Step 3: Tag assets on your video
- Look for the object in your video and drag a bounding box around it.
- Drag & Drop your asset from the assets tab onto your bounding box.
- You can also set the duration of your asset by setting an IN & OUT point. This will determine when to show the asset in your video.
You can click "Preview" to see the finished.
Step 4: Celebrate! 🎉
Congrats! You have successfully made your first interactive video.
Please share it with us, we're happy to see what you created with Spott!
Next steps: Share your video on your website
What we've shown here is the most common workflow to make your video interactive. There are many more options along the way to customize your interactive content.